Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome to Simpli-Country

My life has changed so much in the past year that it is hard to fathom at times. About 15 months ago, I met my beloved Pat who lives on 23 acres that has a couple of property line borders on a Missouri State Park. I was living in Springfield, Illinois at the time. After he asked me to marry him, I packed up my cat Brat and moved to be with him in the country.

I love the outdoors ... always have, yet when I look back over the years, most of them were spent in the city or at least fairly nice sized towns. Now I find myself deep in the country with the man that I love. It has been a learning experience, one that I have enjoyed every step of the way.

The past 11 months have been quite a ride and an amazing adventure. Just a few of my new experiences include learning to split logs, drive a tractor and keep a wood burner going ... but those are the working part of living in the country. I've also seen some fantastic sights like the tulips we planted in the fall of 2007 blooming and our garden coming to life last Spring. I've watched deer come into the clearing in the back to feed, a plethora of birds at our feeds, and our field of sunflowers bloom.

The name of this blog was chosen as a play on the word "simplicity". If I have learned nothing else over this past year is that country living is anything but simple. It can be complicated and downright hard at times. Since I spent most of my childhood wandering the cow pastures of rural South Texas, I thought I knew what living in this Missouri valley would be like, but I've been in for quite a surprise. It is harder, but, at the same time, very rewarding in a sense of my inner-peace.

Although my life is full and extremely busy, I've missed writing (another hobby of mine), so I created this blog to share some of my thoughts and experiences. I welcome your comments and hope you will share some of your experiences also.

No comments:

Post a Comment