Friday, March 13, 2009

This and That ... otherwise know as the ramblings of a tired woman.

My cooking disasters continued today, although not as bad. The hamburger I got out wasn't thawed. Oh well, I'll use it to make chalupas tomorrow night. I grabbed some packaged chicken fried rice and a can of sweet and sour chicken for our lunch. It is rare for me to cook pre-packaged stuff. I prefer to cook from scratch. It turned out pretty good. At least I had it on the table at a more reasonable time.

I made it through another Thursday (cleaning day). Cleaning is not one of my favorite things to do. I mentioned earlier that my grandmother took care of the cooking for my parents. She also kept house for them. When she died when I was 8, the cleaning also fell to me. At 8, I did the laundry, made beds, mopped, vacuumed and all the rest of the cleaning chores that comes with a large house. I distinctly remembering wishing I was outside wandering in the woods then too, LOL.

Tux had me a bit worried tonight. Most of the time he shows up right after Pat leaves for work, but he didn't show up until around 10:30 tonight. He was extra affectionate after he ate. I think he just wanted me to hold him and warm him up a bit. It's freezing outside!

When I took the trash out tonight, I noticed that the lilacs are starting to put on leaves. I hope they don't get frost bit. The tulips are really coming up and filling out. One or two look like they will start putting on blooms, maybe next week when it warms up a bit. I can hardly wait. Hurry spring!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. We will be spending some time with friends of ours, Jim & Jackie, on Saturday, which is always fun. It never fails that time spent with them is full of laughter. I can't count the times that I have laughed until tears filled my eyes when we have been together ... usually over the antics of Jim & Pat. Those two guys are so funny when they get together.

Pat should be home from work in about an hour. Since it's getting a bit chilly in here, I think I'd better go check the woodburner one more time before he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment