Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where Has a Week Gone????

It's hard to believe that it's been a week since I last posted. The days have flown.

My plans for last Thursday were derailed due to one of Pat's brothers being hospitalized. We ended up going to St. Louis to visit him, then enjoyed a wonderful meal and time together with some of Pat's family afterwards.

The whole weekend was rather a blur. The weather was pretty nice on Friday and Saturday. I do remember trying to coax Pat into taking a walk on Saturday. I ended up going alone. I missed him beside me, but enjoyed the walk ... filling up my memory chest with things to share with him when I got home. Pat did come out back to the clearning and met me when I was on my way home and I filled my memory chest of time together in a mock sword fight (with walking sticks).

Of course on Sunday we did our ebay business which takes most of the day. Monday was manic. I had more chores on that day than I can now remember ... I knew I should have made a list. However, I do remember getting them all done before I slid exhausted into bed. Yesterday was more ebay ... this time CDs and cleaning up a kitchen that was more of a disaster than usual (I fried chicken). Today has been a more "usual" Wednesday, with just a few ebay chores and my regular chores of kitchen and woodburner.

Even in the hustle and bustle of the days, I haven't failed to notice that the crabapple tree is trying to bud. The maple has red shoots on it and the pear trees look like they are ready to burst into bloom any day now ... even though we just had a bone chilling cold front come through. All of the tulips, crocus and daffodils that Pat and I planted last fall have started to show their leaves above ground ... testing the waters to see if they are safe yet. It won't be long before they are gracing us with their beautiful blooms.

I guess it comes with age, but the days and weeks seem to fly by faster and faster. I just wish Spring would hurry ... but, of course, then I'd be wishing my days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment